The Texas Fashion Collection at UNT offers a student an internship opportunity to gain experience working and learning aspects of collections research. The intern will be an integral member of TFC staff under the supervision of the director and supporting guidance of the collection manager and will engage with the TFC in the following ways.
- Research, develop, and implement a pragmatic project over the course of the internship, drawing from the intern’s unique skills and professional interests and at the discretion of the TFC director
- Work with TFC staff to digitize the collection's holdings, including assisting with photography sessions, creating metadata, and updating digital records
- Assist with select exhibitions, programming and initiatives relating to TFC holdings
This fellowship is generously funded through the TFC Giving Society. The intern will receive a $1,000 payment at the beginning of the internship.
This internship consists of 100 hours on-site at the TFC over the course of a semester. The TFC offers two internships over the summer semester, one over the fall semester, and one over the spring semester. If the internship is completed for college credit and additional supervised hours are required, that can be negotiated at the discretion of the TFC director.
Applicants must be currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students at an institution of higher education and have completed at least one relevant course. Preferred candidates will have some experience in material culture research or gallery or museum professional experience. Academic award eligibility is dependent on UNT policies and processes.
Materials Needed to Apply
- A letter stating your qualifications — including relevant coursework — and your interest in the internship.
- A writing sample.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact information for two references.
Email materials as an MS Word document or PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Oct. 16, 2022.